Monday, September 25, 2006
2. This is as light as a feather, yet no person can hold it for long. What is it?
3. They have not flesh, nor feathers, nor scales, nor bone. Yet they have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they?
4. No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?
5. I pass before the sun, yet make no shadow. What am I?
6. Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?
A tribute to my friend Pat, who collected riddles, had a heart of gold, a wicked sense of humor--and whom I miss very much...
1. An ear of corn; 2. Your breath; 3. Gloves; 4. Silence; 5. The wind; 6. Time