Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Is it art?

Can you guess the source of this image? What it originally was before I Photoshopped it?

Been looking through images tonight, trying to decide on three to enter in a juried photo exhibition. So many great photographers out there makes for tough competition. And it's subjective; what is artistic to one eye is mediocre to another. Art is often "in the eye of the beholder", it seems.

Art is idea. It is not enough to draw, paint, and sculpt. An artist should be able to think.--Gurdon Woods

Art that is meaningful to me gives me some kind of experience; emotional, questioning, thinking, contemplating, a feeling of being part of something much larger than my everyday life, sometimes a range of feelings that take my breath away. My hope is that my artwork will inspire some of this in others.

No comments: