Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Scarcely perceptible


Something I saw during a walk. What does it remind you of?

A couple of quotes that may, or may not, apply. It’s all in the interpretation…

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
-John W. Gardner

Fiction is like a spider's web, attached ever so lightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners. Often the attachment is scarcely perceptible.
-Virginia Woolf

Speaking of fiction, Petrea at Pasadena Daily Photo has started a fun contest based on a mystery thriller by a Pasadena author. Check out her blog for details.

3 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

Ms. M, I have google alerts so my ears perked up. Thanks for the nod.

Hey, this photo is like an abstract line drawing. I like it very much. Somehow, it reminds me of tomatoes...

Katie said...

I'm with Petrea - I immediately though about how much I miss summer tomatoes! It also looks like a metal Christmas tree frame that's been dumped out and has landed on it's top. I think I'll stick with the tomato idea though. Happy New Year!!

Ms M said...

You're welcome, Petrea. Your contest is a great idea.

The photo reminds me of an abstract drawing, too. With just a hint of tomato ;-)

Happy New Year to both of you! And thank you for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments, Katie.
Here's to a good 2009...