Saturday, July 04, 2009

Wonder and possibility


Since I didn’t have an appropriate photo for the 4th, I’m borrowing one taken from the Spacecraft Hubble of these nebulae.

I love space photos. While looking through them I feel such a sense of awe at these creations. And although we’re only a tiny part of the universe, we ARE part of these creations. I admire those who designed and built Hubble, which has brought us so many wonders of the universe.

Happy July 4th weekend – let’s set our sites on possibility…

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow this is such an amazing photo. It's hard for me to fathom that we're part of this. Yay for the Hubble; I need to go check out other photos like these. (Of course hearing Hubble I think of Robert Redford in The Way We Were, but that's another kind of star.)

Ms M said...

LOL -- yes, that IS another kind os star :-)

It's amazing to think about how far the universe stretches and what may be there that we as humans have no conception of.