Wednesday, July 01, 2009

From whirled to world

In a neighbor’s yard. They have a lot of cool whirligigs as well as many marvelous flowers.

There’s also a famous dance club in London called Whirl-Y-Gig which sounds like a lot of fun.

From their website:

Whirl-y-Gig embodies the spirit of community in a carnival atmosphere. Bathed in rainbow rippling lights and wrapped in exotic décor, it is a festival of delights for people of all ages and places.

Have any of you ever been to this club? What did you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dervishes whirling
in London a century ago
seemed from another
cosmos
now taken as
cultural
power &
utility
as they would have been
understood then
if someone knocked
with heavy
beat a chip
off Newton's
shoulder

Katie said...

I think I prefer your whirligig to Whirl-Y-Gig. I'm not much of a dancing gal. (Well, I was in my 20 in Minneapolis, but those days are well behind me.) I love good yard art!

Ms M said...

Thanks, Anon, for your splendid prose :)

Katie, the yard has quite a gathering of yard art, several whirligigs, old-fashioned signs, antiques. I've posted some photos in the past; I'll have to update them :)