Sunday, July 19, 2009

A good friend


The guitar is a small orchestra. It is polyphonic. Every string is a different color, a different voice.
-Andre Segovia


I started playing guitar when I was 13, as relief from piano lessons. Bought the beginners’ books and diligently went through them. At that time I was playing a $40 nylon string acoustic guitar my mother ordered for my brother from a Sears catalog. (He didn’t take to guitar).

After getting the basic chords down and learning several folk and popular songs, I took the guitar wherever I might have a chance to play.

During all these years, through all the moves from place to place, my guitar has been a constant friend.


My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who I am.
-Joan Jett

1 comment:

Sheila Robertson said...

Another beautifully composed shot. Am intrigued by the reflection.