Saturday, August 02, 2008

What's inside?


Filled with treasure? Empty? Or Pandora’s box?

****** * * * * * * * ******* ** * * ******

A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.
-J. R.R. Tolkien

If out of all mankind one finds a single friend, he has found something more precious than any treasure, since there is nothing in the world so valuable that it can be compared to a real friend.
-Andreas Capellanus

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.
-Louisa May Alcott

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a beautiful box! How big is it? I hope it's filled with lots of tiny little treasures!

Ms M said...

We saw this on a shelf on the patio of a pizza restaurant. It's probably about 5 or 6 inches long. Not very big. I didn't get a chance to open it (hopefully no one put old pizza in it!)
I like to imagine it in another place, with lots of tiny treasures :)