Sunday, November 02, 2008

Colors of November


Truly November with the change in Daylight Saving Time. (Now it will nearly dark by the time I get home from work). With the wind and rain the past few days, many of the leaves are gone. But they still remain as a colorful carpet on sidewalks and streets.

** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

Fallen leaves lying on the grass in the November sun bring more happiness than the daffodils.
- Cyril Connelly
(Maybe. Depends upon your state of mind...)

October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February.
-Mark Twain
(Wish I’d found this quote last month!)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful leaves. And yes it does really feel like November with the time change. I forgot to set my bedside clock back an hour and when I woke up at 6 when the alarm went off I was really shocked how dark it was. Then I remembered. Oh well, at least I wasn't late for work; and it was light on my morning walk to the carpool. I don't like the dark evenings though.

Ms M said...

Thank you for your comment on the leaves. I liked the way the sunlight "bounced" through them.
I like the "fall back" an hour in the fall since I tend to be more of a night person. But I, too, don't like the dark evenings. It's like you go to work and then it's dark...