Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Color of hope

Posting later than usual after watching election results – amazing! Even though I know the popular vote doesn’t actually elect the president, it is still extremely gratifying to me -- living in ultra-conservative Idaho -- that the candidate I voted for won. So often that is not the case for me with state and congressional candidates.

We watched Obama’s acceptance speech, which was very powerful and well done. I hope that he is able to make at least some of the changes he has spoken of. I hope he and Congress will work together and actually accomplish some of those changes without so much partisan bickering. I hope he’s able to mend some of the fences that Bush and his minions ripped apart. I hope for many things (with a good dose of realism).

I am proud to be part of this day, a day when we made history...

No comments: