Friday, June 15, 2007

A string of beads


Heading into another weekend after another busy workweek. And even tho it’s a Friday night, I didn’t put on a dress and beads and go dancing. Instead, C made a picnic dinner, finished with ice cream sundaes. Then, instead of doing more work, we actually took time to "pleasure" read. And later walked the neighborhood, checking out the Friday-night-ers, various cats, the golden sunset on the foothills, and the first couple of stars to appear.

The book I’m reading is of a woman who takes a spontaneous weekend trip to Paris by herself—and the adventures she has while doing so. She’s the one who puts on a sexy dress, beads, and goes out to a dance club.

Meanwhile I’m traveling vicariously. And thinking about my own character, Julia, whom I’ve left in an awkward situation. I’ll be traveling with her tomorrow to see where her adventures take her…

==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: