Friday, June 13, 2008

Shadow play


I’m fascinated how ordinary objects can create unusual shadows in certain light. It’s a little like watching clouds change shapes on a windy day.

This shadow reminds me of a mutant slug, although a friendly one, perhaps like you’d see in a Disney cartoon. Not like those in the 1988 horror movie, "Slugs (Muerte Viscose)" which is about "killer slugs on a rampage in a rural community". This movie is probably one of those they air at 3 a.m. on small-time local TV stations when the program staffer had a little too much to drink earlier and is now consuming large cups of strong coffee…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh, slip me a slug from the wonderful mug
And I cut a rug till I'm snug in a jug
A slice of onion and a raw one, draw one…
-from "Java Jive", Ben Oakland and Milton Drake

No comments: