Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Empty bench?

Looks like a pleasant place to sit on a summer’s day -- although this bench is in someone’s front yard.

I wonder if passers-by ever "sit for a spell"? Or take a nap?

Or if it, instead, remains empty, merely a lawn decoration?

!!!! !!!!!!!!! ! !!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !! !! !!!!!!!!!!! !!

Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends.
-Unknown

I really believe I was happier when I slept on a park bench in Central Park than during all the years of the 'perfect lover' stuff.
-Rudolph Valentino

The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him.
-Robert Benchley

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a great looking bench! I wouldn't hesitate to sit down and take a load off. What's the view from the bench?

Ms M said...

The view is the street, which is a side street and not very busy, the neighbors' houses across the street, and a few cars parked along the curb. So far, I've never seen anyone sitting there as we've passed by in the afternoon or evening. But maybe they are morning people...