Sunday, May 13, 2012

An eclectic collection

The season for tulips is winding down as the weather turns toward summer. 

"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"  -- although I don't think this is quite what King Richard had in mind. 

"Ya better watch how you talk/ or where you walk/ or you and your homies might be lined in chalk!"  
—Coolio, "Gangsta's Paradise" 

Actually, I learned investigators rarely use chalk outlines; it's more a Hollywood thing. 

As you go into Monday, imagine sitting in this chair, sipping your favorite beverage and looking out over the creek that runs below.  
(And no, this is not where I live....) 

Have a good week. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

“my kingdom for a blazing tulip!”
cries the dollhouse
horse in the kingdom
of missing home
owners, tho their outlines
sit in Southern
comfort over
looking being
overlooked for
the sake of tulip
ecstasy

Margaret said...

I love tulips. It's a bit to warm for them here. I would love that blue chair.

Ms M said...

Fun poem, Anon. Well done -- xxoo

Hi Margaret! I love tulips, too. I wish they would last longer, stay with us all through spring. It would be lovely to sit in the blue chair watching the creek flow by.

Shell Sherree said...

I would love the Adirondack chair, too! A pair of these is on my wishlist. But even one would be mighty fine. Being late autumn here, I was able to give mum some tulips on Mother's Day. The colour was just a little darker than this beauty. Lovely, Ms M.

Ms M said...

Thank you, Shell. I hope you do receive a pair of Adirondack chairs; a wish come true. :-)
The tulips sound gorgeous. I'll bet your Mum love them.

Katie said...

That blue chair looks like a lovely spot to sit and sip and enjoy the sound of the creek. The color of the tulip is indeed sublime. Bummer that some kid lost this horse, but it's a great photo!

Ms M said...

Hi Katie --
It seems that several of us are craving Adirondack chairs, specifically in this shade of blue. There should be small wooden tables next to the chairs where we can set our drinks while we admire the creek. And each table could have a small vase filled with tulips. The tables could also provide a temporary home for tiny lost horses. :)

Anonymous said...

I was just about to invite myself over.

Ms M said...

Yes, Karin, come on down!