Thursday, May 01, 2008

Of water and reflection


This looks more like fall than spring. But it will change as the weather warms. The composition and the reflections are what called to me the most.

Of course, my favorite images of water lilies are the paintings by Claude Monet. Seeing his canvases of shimmering colors and light is breathtaking. Wikipedia has a gallery of some of his paintings.

** *** * * *** * *** * * *** * **** * * * *** * * * * *** * * * *

I've caught this magical landscape and it's the enchantment of it that I'm so keen to render. Of course lots of people will protest that it's quite unreal, but that's just too bad.

These landscapes of water and reflection have become an obsession.

People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love.

--Claude Monet

No comments: