Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Life lift


These remind me of music, as if these balusters are dancing, playing a song.

And as we walked the neighborhood after the storm, I could hear Debussy’s "Reverie" in my head musically narrating the scene; the sun breaking through the bank of clouds on the western horizon, the colors of flowers and lawns intensified by the rain, that "fresh washed rain" smell in the air, pink plum blossoms fluttering down, purring of a friendly neighborhood cat.

On the cover of Oprah: "Get a life lift! The search for meaning, connection, hope. Finding what works for you." Today’s meaning and connection came through work mates, lunch with a dear friend, emails from friends and family, our cat cuddled on my lap, taking a walk after the rain, the love C and I share. And it comes through photographs, writing (including this blog), paintings, piano, song…all the creative endeavors that call.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Music takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence, and whereto.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I would like to live my way into being
someone who stands back up
and runs toward that holy forest
.
~ Nancy Pagh

No comments: