Sunday, March 30, 2008

Richly colored


Color – spent part of the weekend with colored pencils and experimenting with dark, light, transparency. Like stained glass on paper. I love color – and always have.

The Museum of Modern Art currently has an exhibition, "Reinventing Color," which shows how modern artists have dealt with color. Some have dealt with it more successfully than others, IMHO. Still, check out the online exhibition – fascinating ideas and work.
http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2008/colorchart/

And some other views about color:

Orange is the happiest color.
-Frank Sinatra

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
-Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Pink is the color of romance and a friend tells me that the girl with the pink dress at the party is the one who is selected for each dance.
-Alfred Carl Hottes

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.
-Vincent Van Gogh

Color possesses me. I don't have to pursue it. It will possess me always, I know it. That is the meaning of this happy hour: Color and I are one. I am a painter.
-Paul Klee

No comments: