Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Variations on a day


--Awoke this morning feeling very alone after having a dream of being shut out by a clique of "dream people." But during the lunch hour, I was surrounded by others as I managed our agency information booth during a fair at a local hospital.

--We had snow this morning, but blue skies with sunshine this afternoon (still wintry cold, though).

--Thinking earlier how some of us strive so hard to escape the culture and habits we learned as children. And then to come home to Fred Hersch’s amazing musical interpretation of Walt Whitman’s "Leaves of Grass:"

I celebrate myself, and sing myself
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good
belongs to you.

I exist as I am, that is enough.
If no other in the world be aware
I sit content.
And if each and all be aware
I sit content.

Check it out: www.fredhersch.com

No comments: